Assignments

My Portfolio

https://spark.adobe.com/page/FDHthQTWZM1HA/
Botanical Photo
Little People Big world
Ad Poster

Jump Starting My Photography

Out of the 25 ideas that were given to me to jump start my photography, these are 10 i will actually consider doing:

1. Go to the movies
  2. Shoot my favorite food
  3. Join a photowalk
  4. Shoot a family event
  5. Shoot for a holiday theme
  6. Listen to my favorite music
  7. Shoot my family
  8. Look 360
  9. Using a prop in an interesting way
  10. Look at popular photoblog and get inspired
Graduation cover
Women and Nature
Me and Myself

Social Media Trends

1. Show your audience your “reel” brand personality with Instagram or Tiktok: This is a 15-30 second video were you display your brand to the world the way you want to.
  2. Make new friends, but keep old ones: Long form videos are major key strategies in social media as it helps build trust with your audience and it helps get that paid ad to a follow from the viewer.
  3. Stories capabilities are not only here to stay, they’re growing: Stories are also extremely important as it helps interact, deepen connections, and share the personal side of your brand with your audience.
  4. Replace face to face time with screen to screen time: Virtual events are crucial in social media especially during covid as it was the only way to interact with your viewers.
  5. Make ecommerce even easier: Ecommerce made sales increase and you can even increase the sales moe by creating videos displaying your product.
  6. When it comes to content strategy, knowledge is power: Teaching others is important as it helps your brand grow
  7. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should: Ads that grab the attention of viewers more is the ones with large, bolder copies that let give off “hard hitting facts”.
  8. Keep what’s behind the brand and behind the screen at the forefront: Giving people the why of your brand is important as it gives a more relatable connection.
Pure Insecurity by Nathaniel Mary Quinn

When browsing the collection of artwork this photo was one that caught my attention. I found that not only was i continuously drawn back to this photo but it was the way the picture was designed that made me really intrigued. The first thing that i like about the photo is how they used a neutral background instead of a bright or eye catching color so that it could give all the attention to the face. The second thing i liked was how you can’t really distinguish anything on the mans faces, they kinda allow the viewer to do it for themselves. I also like how the difiguring of the face ties into the message that it seems they are trying to put out about insecurities. Like for example the lips are all distorted with big and small parts. This could signify how one is never happy with oneself, we are constantly wanting to change ourselves. Overall every component put into this photo worked really well.

Pop Photography
What others see vs What she really is

A Job Hunt

As i was scrolling through the various jobs i could possible work in nothing captured my attention until i reached a hospital newborn photographer. This job consist of taking portrait newborn baby pictures at the hospitals and selling them to the new parents and family. They ask that you have camera and photography experience, a portfolio or sample of photography work, the ability to work comfortably with the newborn babies and their mothers, a high school diploma is required, great communication skills, a professional presence, computer keyboarding skills, and ability to work well with others. They don’t require you to be bilingual but it is a plus. As looking into this as a job this is perfect as i love working with babies and i have been told that i handle babies very well. Majority of the requirements i obtain expect for a high school diploma and camera experience in which i can work to obtain those. Overall this a definitely a job i would be interested in and is located in San Bernardino which is not a far drive.

Different Emotions
“Oil Painting”

Cannon Lens Experience

The first article i read was about Peter Tellone a Landscape Photographer. In this article i learned a lot on landscape photography. I learned that this type of photography is respected and moves at a slower pace than others as there is many different elements that have to be taken into consideration when taking these photos. Tellone said that perspective is everything in his work which is something i thought wouldn’t be the main focus. He uses a variety of versatile wide angle zoom lense when shooting.

Another article i read was about John Kuczala a photo illustrator. In this article i learned that photo illustration and photojournalism are similar in a sense that they share certain methods and qualities. The photography of a photo illustrator is a visual metaphor in which it tells a story in all aspects. Kuczala has to deal with both art and photo departments that work with fees and expenses when doing these photos.

This photo took place in the fight of Muhammad Ali and Sonny Liston. This shot was taken right after Sonny was knocked out and Muhammad was taunting  him. This photo had the most impact on me because i love boxing so it was one that caught my eye right away. The love i have for boxing is one that runs deep. Since my dad was a boxer, all my life i was around boxing and we would have people over when ever there was big fights going on. We always order food from either my best friends pizza place or wings. Watching boxing was a way that me and my dad bonded since we both really enjoyed it. Also i was in boxing a few years back and it was something i had fun doing so i can relate to the picture and how good he must have felt as i know i would feel on top of the world if i knocked someone out.
Recently though my dad decided to move away and those weekends with big fights aren’t the same anymore as we don’t have them since he isn’t here. The picture caused me to feel all types of emotions. It helps me recall the good times we had and all the fun memories we created those days including boxing., but it also made me miss those days.

My take on Sandy Skoglund
Wassily Kandinsky Style is a very interesting one. His abstract style of art keeps the viewer astounded with the variety of sizes, shapes and colors.Although he uses a wide range of colors they all complement each other fairly well. Kandinsky’s unique perspective on the formation and function of art helps with emphasizing the synthesis of the visual and the auditory. The image above was the one that inspired me to go about creating my take on his style the way i did.
My take on Wassily Kandinsky Style
Rule Of Thirds
Depth of Field
Composition
Food Photography

Read and Reflect

Being a photographer is an excellent job as it is accessible, current, free from constraints, balanced, allows freedom to do anything, enables you to expand into other fields, and lastly the best part be your own boss. A job as a photographer is very accessible as anyone can go out and buy a camera and start shooting. It entitles us to create our own schedule without having to worry about anything . Overall having this as a job, allows you to work for yourself all while getting paid, being creative, and having fun. This is exactly what anyone would want as a job.

Travel Poster

Shopping Spree

Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only)

• Pricing: $1,399.00
  • Reasoning: This camera offers more shaper and vivid imagery which would be great for food photography

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens

• Pricing: $1,299.00
  • Reasoning: This lens is great for close up shots which is exactly what I need

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum-Alloy Tripod Kit with SBH-100 Ball Head

• Pricing: $145.47
  • Reasoning: Stability and precision are major things in food photography

Impact 5-in-1 Collapsible Oval Reflector with Solid Gold

• Price: $66.49
  • Reasoning:  Reflectors are a common accessory in photography

Sony Alpha a7S III Mirrorless Digital Camera

• Price: $3,498.00
  • Reasoning: This camera offers high resolution which is great for food photography and two cameras are always important to have

Adobe

• Price: $20.99
  • Reasoning: I will need the apps that come with the monthly subscription in order to edit

Apple 13.3″ MacBook Air M1 Chip with Retina Display

• Price: $ 1,399.00
  • Reasoning: I will need a computer to upload and edit my photography

Canon LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

• Price: $67.00
  • Reasoning: You always need a back up battery

Extra set up equipment/ props:

• Price: $2,105.05
  • Reasoning: Food photography has a lot to do with the set up and props used in the photo
David Hockney Style
Toy Photography
A tintype of photography is a photograph made by creating a direct positive on a thin sheet of metal coated with a dark lacquer or enamel and used as the support for the photographic emulsion. For my photo i used the Pixlr app. In the app i utilize tools, brushes, and borders to make my picture look like this.

Critique of Silver List Photographers

Tarrah Krajnak

When scrolling on the Silver Eye Center for Photography, Tarrah’s photo caught my eye as it was very unique compared to the other ones. When clicking on the website it was hard to figure out at first, but as i continued the website was organized fairly well. She has five pages which each offer many different types of work. One of them offered this picture which i believe was shot and edited very well.

D’Angelo Lovell Williams

While scrolling on the Silver Eye Center for Photography, this picture made me raise an eyebrow and ask why such an odd photo. As I clicked to view the website, although very plain, it offered more unusual content of photography. This kept me wanting more as each photo provided such interesting events as the one above does. This i feel just shows the photographers creativity because he came up with these different setups that somehow work and want you wanting more.

Shadow Series

Political Poster

I decided to do a political poster on abortion. This has been an on going issue for the longest in which people are for and against abortion. As you can see my poster i am against abortion. I am con abortion because i don’t think it is right to kill an innocent soul. The otherside would argue that it is a embryo and isn’t much of a baby yet but we all started the same way as an embryo so does that make our lives any less valuable? Also because some of my family members can’t have babies and many youtubers that i watch have come out about that, it’s really sad to see people just willing to go about getting an abortion. There is a few circumstances that i believe abortion should be allowed but not the way it is allowed were anyone can get one at anytime.

A Levitation “King”

Read and Reflect:

Photography is seen and used in an everyday to day life. Many people due to social media started taking more and more pictures. Photography is actually way more important than people think for many reasons

Photography captures many important moments. This includes many memorable moments in the world that thanks to photography we are able to go back to and look at. With this comes traveling due to wanting to capture a variety of stuff. Photography is also very useful in variety of subjects such as science, history, business, and many more. They can most importantly help create awareness .